We can clean out your home’s air ducts, in order to help eliminate a significant amount of dust and allergens that can be trapped in them, preventing that dust from circulating into the air and possibly adversely affecting you and your family’s health.
These are the top 5 reasons to have L&N Carpet Cleaning perform regular cleaning of your air ducts in Grand Rapids and West Michigan:
1. To Better Your Home’s Air Quality: Allergens (pollen, pet dander), dust, and toxins (mold, mildew, rodent droppings) can be found in dirty air ducts. Dirty air vents and ducts could potentially release these particles into your house and circulate through the air you breath on a daily basis. Cleaning the air ducts can remove a significant amount of these pollutants.
2. To Maintain System Durability: Heating and air conditioning systems can breakdown because a regular maintenance schedule was not followed. Replacement parts and labor for heating or cooling systems can be costly, and total replacement can cost thousands of dollars. Regular cleaning of systems is imperative to avoid large costs later down the line. Cleaning the air ducts is part of a maintenance plan that can help keep your system running at its best.
3. To Alleviate Allergies: If you or your family do suffer from allergies, air duct cleaning could potentially reduce the level of allergens in a home or office, and less allergens in the air means less or less severe symptoms, making allergy season shorter and less harsh as before.
4. To Remove Odors: A dank or musty odor in your home or office can indicate that mold, mildew, or dust may be present in the air ducts. Air fresheners or scented candles will not eliminate these odors, but air duct cleaning can help to take care of the bad odors, and determine if further action is necessary to help take care of the problem.
5. To Save Money: “According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25 to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted. Contaminants in the heating and cooling system cause it to work harder and shorten the life of your system. Although filters are used, the heating and cooling system still gets dirty through normal use. When an HVAC system is clean, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the temperature you desire. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness”**
**Source: http://nadca.com accessed 08/25/2014